The High Republic

Nytwyng
Emperor
Emperor

The High Republic

Post by Nytwyng »

After I clock out of work this afternoon, I'll be heading to pick up Light of the Jedi (and might pick up the middle grades book released today, too, A Test of Courage). Meanwhile, my pre-order of the Light of the Jedi audiobook is downloaded and ready to go. I'm looking forward to this. Alex from Star Wars Explained was able to get an advance copy for review, and loved it, and his tastes and mine regarding Star Wars (and, more specifically, the Star Wars books and comics) have always run parallel, so his excitement has me excited for it.
FickleDroid
Gonk Droid
Gonk Droid

Re: The High Republic

Post by FickleDroid »

I’m very excited to dive in. For some reason my pre-order from Amazon won’t get here until next week. :(

I’d go pick it up from a bookstore, but I’m trying to mitigate going out right now.
GMLovlie
Gonk Droid
Gonk Droid

Post by GMLovlie »

Started the audiobook today, but didn't get far, only 2 chapters. I feel that it is promising.
Irregularly updated, collection of thoughts.
Current campaign, rarely updated.
rogue_09
Gonk Droid
Gonk Droid

Post by rogue_09 »

Can't wait. I've been getting more and more excited for all the High Republic releases. I'm glad to see them finally untethering from the Skywalker saga.
Nytwyng
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Nytwyng »

Three chapters in. I’m liking it so far.
Nytwyng
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Nytwyng »

Still digging it so far. I like that it's showing actual attempts to prevent the impending Great Disaster.

Went last night to pick up the first issue of the comic, and - on release date - even the standard cover is going for $8-20, with the variants going for anywhere from $15-50 (depending on store and variant). :shock:
Wrenn
Gonk Droid
Gonk Droid

Post by Wrenn »

I enjoyed it. Just made me think of this.

Star Wars High Republic = Galactic Government built on hope, peace, and compromise.
Star Trek Discovery = Galactic dystopianism.

Y'know, when I was your age....
Underachiever599
Gonk Droid
Gonk Droid

Post by Underachiever599 »

I've read both Light of the Jedi and A Test of Courage, as well as the first issue of the High Republic comic. So far, I'm really, really enjoying the setting. I ran a campaign set 200 years before The Phantom Menace a little over a year ago (first session actually took place a week before the High Republic announcement), and the time period is one that I'm really excited to see being explored in canon. I love seeing the Republic in its prime, and the Jedi more active in the day-to-day affairs of the galaxy than they've ever been. I'm looking forward to more in the future.