Now Posted: End of the Line (Minos Cluster guide)

Nytwyng
Emperor
Emperor

Now Posted: End of the Line (Minos Cluster guide)

Post by Nytwyng »

After a request for planet sheets for the Minos Cluster, I started diving into the Minos Cluster information in the West End Galaxy Guide 6: Tramp Freighters, and ended up deciding to do a full conversion. Look for it soon.

Cloudy_Lemonade
Gonk Droid
Gonk Droid

Re: Work in Progress: End of the Line (Minos Cluster guide)

Post by Cloudy_Lemonade »

Looking forward to it. Love the SWG Twilek model. Nostalgia!!!
Nytwyng
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Nytwyng »

Working on the Adarlon subsection, I came across this:
Across Adarlon there are a large number of elaborate theme parks which offer total immersion amusements, in which the guests carry out elaborate plots and adventures in live-action roleplaying, interacting with actors, droids, and holos. Quite a few of the Adarlonians have their homes in the parks, and spend much of their waking hours in their roles. The parks’ rules dictate that a person treat other people exactly as if they were the character they were playing at all times.
Looks like WEG pretty accurately described Galaxy's Edge back in 1994.
Nytwyng
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Nytwyng »

Cloudy_Lemonade wrote: 3 years ago Looking forward to it. Love the SWG Twilek model. Nostalgia!!!
He was one of my alts back on Galaxies, and loosely adapting him made my first character in this system. Since that campaign was set in the Minos Cluster, I figured he was perfect for this cover.
Nytwyng
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Nytwyng »

A small peek at the interior:

Nytwyng
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Nytwyng »

This has turned out to be a larger project than I figured, but it's fun. Except for a few minor tweaks, I'm done with the planets, and on to the NPCs and ships.

Here are a couple more previews:

ETA: Posting the previews, I see that I forgot to change the font for the setback die in Axton's special ability. :D
Exusiai
Gonk Droid
Gonk Droid

Post by Exusiai »

When I asked you to do this, I was so not expecting this much work... I was just hoping for a planet sheet on each of the planets.... THIS IS beautiful
Nytwyng
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Nytwyng »

Exusiai wrote: 3 years ago When I asked you to do this, I was so not expecting this much work... I was just hoping for a planet sheet on each of the planets.... THIS IS beautiful
I did say that I thought you'd like the crazy way of overdoing it that came to mind. ;)

The guys at WEG did most of the work in composing the information. For the most part, I'm just transcribing and doing layout work. The layout stuff is the most challenging, finding images to include and putting the fade border on them, then making sure the planet's sections were laid out right to get the planet sheets on an even-numbered page like most of the recent books (especially the region and era books). Just eyeballing the number of NPCs and ships from Galaxy Guide 6, and the Minos Campaign section, this looks like it might clock in around the length of a "real" region book. :shock:

But, I've got something of a soft spot for the Minos Cluster, myself, as it was the initial setting of the first campaign I played in this system.
Nytwyng
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Nytwyng »

NPCs and ships are done now. Working on transcribing the campaign section now. Then, there are a few small corrections to make, and this puppy will be ready to post.
Dakerman
Gonk Droid
Gonk Droid

Post by Dakerman »

Most impressive work Nytwyng, I can't wait to see this complete! You're also inspiring me to get back to work on my campaign setting sourcebook I've been fiddling about with for some time!