FFG forums

GMLovlie
Gonk Droid
Gonk Droid

FFG forums

Post by GMLovlie »

Hi.

I was wondering, as there are initatives to send links to the wayback machine/internet archive on the official forums, if anyone has thought abour mirroring and downloading those forums locally, for posterity - and potential selecting, condensing, curating, and eventual dissemination? Using HTTrack or something along those lines?

Also, if this could be a community effort, to share and disseminate the years of rules clarifications and interpretations that is soon going away.

Also, could this forums be a place to repost and share refined versions of the old threads?
Irregularly updated, collection of thoughts.
Current campaign, rarely updated.
GMLovlie
Gonk Droid
Gonk Droid

Re: FFG forums

Post by GMLovlie »

I see now that someone is already on it ... oops.
Malashim
Gonk Droid
Gonk Droid

Post by Malashim »

As long as people don't step on each others toes, the more the better - way less workload for the individual and it's less likely to miss something interesting.
GMLovlie
Gonk Droid
Gonk Droid

Post by GMLovlie »

I'm in the process of mirroring and downloading parts of the FFG forums, if I get the software to work as desired. At the very least it can serve as a backup of sorts.
GMLovlie
Gonk Droid
Gonk Droid

Post by GMLovlie »

I may have included too many external connections ... I'm well into my second day of mirroring, with about 10GiB ... still not done :ugeek: :geek: :lol: :?
GMLovlie
Gonk Droid
Gonk Droid

Post by GMLovlie »

Still mirroring and collecting the FFG forums ... hoping that I'll get all three main forums, plus the GM forum, all pages, and all threads with all pages ... I'm not sure it'll work out though. Got less than a month to figure this out, and only one computer to test various settings at a time.

If anyone got experience or tips about HTTrack or another site grabber ... please let me know.