Protective Amulent in Unlimited Power

GMLovlie
Gonk Droid
Gonk Droid

Protective Amulent in Unlimited Power

Post by GMLovlie »

Hey peepz.

I have a Star Wars rules question.

The Protective Talisman in Unlimited Power. This nice trinket has all kinds of nice bonuses (ignore vacuum and corrosive atmo, attacks with weapons having the Burn quality count as not having the Burn quality), it is cheap and Easy to craft, and has seemingly few limitations - it is not explicitly stated that it has a duration or is one-time use.

What is your lot's take on this?
Irregularly updated, collection of thoughts.
Current campaign, rarely updated.
ExpandingUniverse
Gonk Droid
Gonk Droid

Re: Protective Amulent in Unlimited Power

Post by ExpandingUniverse »

I had to reread that section - I'd totally forgot about it!

My first reaction was 'D&D magic item creation' Personally, anything imbued with The Force should be Special or Significant. If I ever allowd it in my game I'd raise the difficulty and the cost or make each one's 'blueprint' part of a mini-quest.. I was quite surprised when I read this section. I can understand 'production line' lightsaber construction as every Padawan needs to create one, anything else like those talismans or other items should really be few and far between.

They remind me of the Gunslinger for PFRPG... the firearms are supposed to be viewed as arcane/mysterious new technology like magic items... and then they offered rules for creation... a savvy player could easily 'retire' and become a (very rich) gunsmith, if the GM allowed it.

It's your game so do what ever works for you.
edgookin
Gonk Droid
Gonk Droid

Re: Protective Amulent in Unlimited Power

Post by edgookin »

I would say that it is permanent. The Talisman of Fate notes that it is a single use item.